I’ve got a bit of an update on the Dark Messiah project I mentioned earlier as I ran into some issues with it. What would happen is that it will at some random point in time slow down to a crawl from the 250′ish FPS it was running at before. It feels like there’s a memory leak as the game slowly “counts down”, as I can actually see my fps drop from 30..29..28..27… all the way down to 6. This obviously renders it unplayable and it’s rather frustrating as it can seemingly happen randomly, at one point it’ll take 50 minutes where it can also start when I’m only a couple of minutes in.
I’ve been trying to solve this through various means such as adding toggles to the executable, messing with patches and the DVD version, all leading to a non-working game. As such I can’t say what’ll become of Dark Messiah as I’m still wanting to try a couple of things to get it to run properly.
Meanwhile I have started recording another game since I felt like recording some: Rochard. This indie puzzle platformer looked to be really entertaining from the gameplay I had seen of it on Giantbomb, so I was anxious to actually give this a shot. After having recorded 1 set I can say that it’s a lot of fun thus far and I can only hope that it can keep up the pace.