Posts tagged ‘let’s play’
I’ve not done any Let’s Introduces in a while and I have a bunch of games that I find cool, but not LP-worthy or.. that simply wouldn’t be good as LP’s. So I’m wondering if I should make Let’s Introduces more often. Let me know what you guys think, and I’ll take that into consideration.
For those wondering what Let’s Introduces are; You can see examples such as Super Meat Boy, Civilization 5 and Dwarf Fortress. Essentially they are introductions to a game where I’ll record a set to show the basics of it, but where I won’t complete the game. Good to show off indie games for example, or games that a LP just wouldn’t suit.
After throwing up a little post about Still Life 2 I realized I hadn’t really made a statement regarding The Witcher 2 and the possibility of a let’s play of it.
So I’ve got 3 games that I want to play through pretty much equally and you get to decide which I’ll play (first). Said games are Jolly Rover, Lego Harry Potter & Dreamfall – The Longest Journey. Note that Jolly Rover is an indie game and is not very well known, especially compared to the other 2. But please cast your vote and leave a comment saying why.
A question I’ve been frequently asked is what mods I’ve been using for Oblivion so I figured the best way to do so would be on this blog as frankly I can update it and link nicely to the mods’ pages.
That would otherwise be hard to do on a video. So it seems a blog can serve it’s purpose.
I’m actually using the Oblivion Mod Manager as that makes the adding of mods surprisingly easy. You can simply download the mod, click “Create” in the mod manager and add the archive you just downloaded. Then it’ll sort out the rest for you. Note that you should read the mod’s requirements as some for example need Oblivion Script Extender installed. Afterwards all you have to do is active it in the list. So here goes the list with links:
- Unofficial patch – Overal fixes.
- Unofficial patch supplemental – More fixes after author dropped the unofficial patch.
- Unofficial DLC patch – Fixes for the official DLC.
- Unofficial Shivering Isles patch – Fixes for Shivering isles expansion.
- Cyrodiil Economic Overhaul – A whole different economy system, many changes there.
- Cyrodiil Terrain Color Map – Coloured map of Cyrodiil.
- DarNified UI – Re-done UI.
- Drop Lit Torches in Combat – Pretty much as the name implies.
- Keychain – Adds a keychain so you won’t have a million keys in your inventory.
- Realistic Fatigue – Tweaks to the Fatigue system.
- Realistic Leveling – Makes changes to the leveling system.
- Quest Award Leveller.